January 10, 2022 (Ames, IA) - The Ames Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that the 2022 State of the Community will be held at the Ames Community School District Administration Office on Wednesday, January 26, 2022.
The State of Community, sponsored by the Ames Chamber of Commerce and the League of Women Voters of Ames and Story County, will allow attendees to hear from community leaders that represent the City of Ames, Iowa State University, Des Moines Area Community College, the Ames Community School District, Mary Greely Medical Center, and Story County.
"We look forward to hearing from six great community leaders as they share important topics related to their industry," said Dan Culhane, President & CEO of the Ames Chamber of Commerce. "Our residents will appreciate the opportunity to learn more and ask questions about what is currently happening in different areas of our community."
The panel of community leaders will include:
- Dr. Wendy Wintersteen, President, Iowa State University
- MD Isley, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Des Moines Area Community College
- Mayor John Haila, City of Ames
- Paula Vincent, Interim Superintendent, Ames Community School District
- Latifah Faisal, Story County Supervisor
- Brian Dieter, President and CEO of Mary Greely Medical Center
This event will be held Wednesday, January 26 from 11:30am - 1:00pm. To register for the event, visit ameschamber.com/events or by clicking here. Please note, there are limited seats in person and there is also a virtual option to join through Facebook Live.
For any additional questions or information, you can reach the Ames Chamber of Commerce at 515-232-2310.