Each year, the Ames Chamber of Commerce crafts strategic legislative priorities to advocate for the strengthening and growth of Ames, Story County, Central Iowa, and the State of Iowa’s economic and community development efforts and we are pleased to announce Legislative Priorities for 2021:
The Ames Chamber of Commerce will ensure any policy proposal being considered by the Executive and Legislative Branch in the 2021 Legislative Session is judged on the basis it will ultimately grow Iowa’s economy in an inclusive and beneficial way. Several policies we believe will assist in doing so are:
- Those recommendations outlined by Governor Reynolds’ Economic Recovery Advisory Board;
- Funding for existing programs and consideration of new resources that promote“ placemaking” including quality of life and the arts;•Development of immediately deployable resources for large scale disasters when budget reserves are full for businesses to recover;
- Favorable policies and additional funding for broadband priorities outlined through the Empower Rural Iowa Initiative;
- Fully funding the Future Ready Iowa Initiative;
- Addressing barriers to employment such as student debt repayment or access to child-care;
- Supporting education at all levels from pre-school through post-high school options;
- Developing and supporting incentives with proven return in targeted industries; and
- Removal of the sunset for both the brownfield & gray fields programs.
To advance these priorities, the Ames Chamber of Commerce will collaborate with Iowa State University, the City of Ames, Story County, our community school districts, Des Moines Area Community College, and our chamber and economic development partners throughout the state.
The Ames Chamber of Commerce is the leading voice for promoting economic growth policies and initiatives on behalf of the Ames and Story County business community. Learn more about our Public Policy program at AmesChamber.com.
For More Information:
- Dan Culhane, President & CEO, Ames Chamber of Commerce | 515-232-2310 | email@example.com
- Brenda Dryer, Senior Vice President, Ames Chamber of Commerce | 515-232-2310 | firstname.lastname@example.org