The Ames Chamber of Commerce and its affiliates are pleased to announce their 2019 Annual Award Winners:
- Business Person of the Year: Natalie Merrill, Renewable Energy Group, Inc.
- Community Involvement: Gary Botine, Mary Greeley Medical Center
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Mindy Bergstrom, Cooks’ Emporium and Nook & Nest
- Diversity & Inclusion: Joel Hochstein, Iowa State University
- Ames Chamber Ambassador of the Year: Dave Tucker, Great Western Bank
- Economic Impact: Accurate Development, Alliant Energy, City of Collins, Deere & Company, Gross-Wen Technology, Landus Cooperative, Performance Livestock Analytics, Verbio, Vertex
- The Ames Foundation Contributor of the Year: Ben Hershey, Country Landscapes
- Ames Main Street Farmers’ Market Contributor of the Year: VisionBank
- Ames Main Street Volunteer of the Year: Eric Abrams, Duck Worth Wearing
- Campustown Action Association Volunteer of the Year: Letitia Kenemer, Iowa State University Memorial Union
- FUEL Story County 4 Under 40: Brianne Anderson, Ames Public Library; Christian Hempen, GVL; Taylor Hopper, FOX Engineering; Lawrence Cunningham, Iowa State Daily
Award winners will be honored at the Ames Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, November 26 at 6:00 p.m. at Ames Golf & Country Club (5752 George Washington Carver Ave). This year’s Awards Ceremony will include a reception and ceremony.
Award winners will also be recognized at the Ames Chamber of Commerce Annual Event on December 12 at 11:30 am, at the Sukup Endzone Club at Jack Trice Stadium. This year’s Annual Event will include a lunch celebrating the accomplishments of 2019 while looking forward to 2020 and beyond. This year’s event theme is about innovation and creating A Bold Vision for the future of Ames and Story County, featuring keynote remarks from ISU Athletics’ Director, Jamie Pollard.
For more information or to register for the Annual Award Ceremony (public is welcome to attend) please visit www.ameschamber.com or contact the Chamber office at 515-232-2310. Tickets for the Annual Award Ceremony are $60 for Chamber Members and $70 for non-members.
For More Information:
Dan Culhane | President & CEO | 232-2310 | email@example.com
Andrea Hammes Dodge | Vice President | 232-2310 | firstname.lastname@example.org