Do business here. We promise you'll like it.
Really, we promise. Business thrives in Ames and is in a different ball game compared to the rest of the nation, especially during these past couple difficult years. Ames was virtually untouched and continued to do business and forged ahead with economic development in Iowa.
To back up that statement, here are a couple quick-and-dirty facts about doing business in Ames:
- Ames' unemployment rate is currently 3.5% compared to the national average of 8.3% (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- No Personal Property Tax
- No Sales and Use Tax on industrial machinery and equipment purchases
- No property tax on new industrial machinery and equipment
- Research and Development Tax Credit
- Workers' compensation in Iowa is 28% lower than the national average
- Unemployment insurance rate is 1% as of 2006